Alternatives to Jail
If you or one of your loved ones has been charged with a drug offense in the state of Pennsylvania it surely isn’t the most desired thing in life. Being considered one of the gateways of drugs in the country it has very strict laws to check this menace. Apart from paying steep fines if proven guilty the accused also needs to spend time in prison. As someone who has been charged with this crime you should immediately hire a seasoned Pittsburgh Drug Lawyer and discuss alternative to jail. The justice system in the state is increasingly trying to do away with the traditional incarceration in a bid to allow proper rehabilitation of offenders and also to reduce repeat offenses and you would need the aid of a Pittsburgh Criminal Lawyer for success.What You Need to Know
In the state of Pennsylvania the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program is applicable to all individuals who do not possess a criminal record to escape jail sentence and start a fresh life after undergoing the rehabilitative program. The Courts basically puts a hold on your case and monitor your progress during the program and upon successfully meeting with the set parameters your case can be totally dismissed and you come out with a clean criminal record.
- This program is applicable for first time offenders and you need not even plead guilty before the court
- Your attorney would have to seek consent of the arresting offering to ensure the law enforcement agencies have no objections to your ARD program.
- Your Pittsburgh Criminal Lawyer would take care of the necessary paperwork consenting your admission into the program and also that you have fully understood your rights and responsibilities.
- You are required to bear the necessary cost of the program though a payment plan is also offered in some cases
- You would have to take part in certain community services during the course of your program.
Laws around possession and transportation of banned substances are among the strictest in the state of Pennsylvania and test the skills of any defense attorney. This is where I have excelled in establishing strong reputation in offering the best legal counsel to my clients. I am attorney Sean Logue and my Avvo 10.0 Avvo rating is a testimony to my track record in helping protect the rights of my clients. As a Pittsburgh Drug Lawyer I would make you aware of the consequences of conviction or also educate you on the best pre-trial alternatives and how this can save your career when it comes to future scope of employment.
If you have been charged with a drug offence and a prison sentence looms over your head you should try and explore all alternative mechanism that would help in starting with a new life and bring relief to your family and loved ones. As a seasoned attorney I would use all my expertise and provide strongest possible defense to prevent a prison sentence.
If you want to know more about Alternatives to Jail and sit for a free consultation to know all your legal options dial 1-844-PITT-DUI or 412-389-0805. You can also contact me online.