A recreational boat is generally hired for personal use only whereas vessels are used for commercial purposes and other uses. Common examples of recreational boats are personal speedboat, pontoon boat, sailboat, jet ski, and canoe. When this type of boat faces an accident, it can cause facial injury, head injury, and drowning. The claim is often straightforward, almost like car accident compensation claims. Unlike accidents involving commercial vessels that fall under federal maritime law, personal boat injuries can be justified with the right amount of compensation. An experienced Pittsburgh boat accident lawyer can help you in claiming the compensation.The Most Common Causes of Boating Accidents
There can be various reasons for boat crashes. The boat can crash with two or more vessels in the open water or in the marina. The boat crash can occur even when one boat collides with some stationery, runs aground, or capsizes.
However, there are a number of instances where the accidents are generally not accidents but can be easily preventable crashes that are caused by someone’s carelessness. In cases like this, an experienced Pittsburgh injury lawyer from our Logue Law Group can help you immensely in claiming the necessary compensations.
The most common causes of boat accidents are,
- Boating while drunk
- Inexperienced driver
- Distracted driving of the boat
- Overloading the boat
- Vessels that are unseaworthy
- Not properly loading and anchoring
- Passengers on the bow or gunwale
- Not maintaining the boat
- Incorrect installation of boat equipment
- Absence of safety equipment
According to the US Coast Guards, generally, the primary cause of a boat crash is someone’s negligence. In cases like this, Pittsburgh boat accidents lawyer can help you determine the liable party when you are dealing with the overwhelming consequences of the boat accidents. Our aim at Logue Law Group is to help you with the legal proceedings so that you can take care of the immediate issues and treatments.
Unlike car accidents, a boat crash doesn’t leave the road marks. As a result, when it happens, the Pittsburgh injury lawyer will have to talk to the witnesses and reconstruct the case keeping the damage of the boat in mind. Only a professional who is familiar with similar types of cases can do this. Logue Law Group has the expertise and required experience in this matter.Pennsylvania Boat Accident Laws and How Can You Get the Rightful Compensation
There are both federal laws and state laws when it comes to recreational boat accidents. The job of a Pittsburgh boat accident lawyer is to ensure that your case gets the maximum benefits and the most favorable outcome of the boat crash accident claim.Federal Laws for Boat Safety
- Boats must have enough amount of coast guard approved life jackets for everyone who has boarded the boat.
- Children below the age of 13 years must wear a life jacket all the time while on the boat.
- There has to be a fire extinguisher system in the boat with engine
- In case of a boat crash incident, involving death, drowning, disappearance, personal injury, and damage worth or more than $2,000, you need to file an official Boating accident Report.
- If you are operating a recreational boat by yourself, then you need to complete a boating safety course in Pennsylvania to be eligible.
- The minimum age of operating a boat for a child is 12 years,
- Additionally, if a child between 12 years to 15 years is operating a boat, there must not be any other children of the same age or younger onboard.
When a person doesn’t comply with the above-mentioned regulations and due to this negligence, an accident happens to you or your loved ones, an experienced Pittsburgh boat accident lawyer can help you.Connect with Pittsburgh Injury Lawyer for Consultation
At Logue Law Group, we make sure that you get the rightful justice and proper compensation for the injuries and losses you have been subjected to. Our Pittsburgh injury lawyer will help you with the legal process while making sure the monetary compensation can help you bring back stability in life.