Speeding in a Work Zone
Come milder weather in the Spring, Summer, and Fall, the roads in and around Pittsburgh all seem to become work zones. However, it’s possible that you may have missed a work zone sign. Too late, you realized that work was going on. You drove too fast through an active work zone, and now you’re sitting in your car at the side of the road, and a cop is writing you a ticket for speeding in a work zone.
Speeding is the most common reason for the police to issue traffic tickets in Pittsburgh, and those tickets can add up to big headaches. They can cost you points on your license, hefty fines, and high insurance premiums. You could even lose your driver’s license. This is where we at Logue Law Group can help you. We have the best Pittsburgh Speeding Ticket Lawyers, and we can help you minimize these issues, or even avoid them altogether. We have the most experienced and skilled Criminal Lawyers that you’ll find anywhere around Pittsburgh.Facts About Speeding in Work Zones
Pennsylvania takes the safety of its road workers seriously. Work zones are clearly marked with orange and white barrels and cones, signs, and altered speed limits. Drivers are expected to slow down when entering a work zone and obey the posted speeds. Speeding in an active work zone means double the fines and court costs.
If you drive as little as 1 MPH over the speed limit in an active work zone, you can be charged with speeding.Speeding Within the Work Zone: Penalties
- Driving up to 10 MPH over the speed limit in a work zone: 2 points
- Driving 11-15 MPH over the speed limit in a work zone: 3 points and suspension of your license for 15 days
- Driving 16-25 MPH over the speed limit in a work zone: 4 points and suspension of your license for 15 days
- Driving 26-30 MPH over the speed limit in a work zone: 5 points and suspension of your license for 15 days
- Driving 31 MPH or higher over the speed limit in a work zone: 5 points, suspension of your license for 15 days, and the possibility of additional penalties as determined by a hearing examiner
- Be polite
- Do not argue with the cop or get angry
- Shut the car off, but avoid getting out of the vehicle
- How our attorneys can help
- Peace of Mind- When you hire one of our lawyers, you have the peace of mind of knowing that you have a good chance of coming out with a lesser punishment.
- Higher chance to win the case- Our lawyers are experienced in traffic laws and cases, which means you have a better chance of winning the case.
- Affordable cost- Our lawyers charge a flat fee, which makes it easier for you to budget, especially if you are facing fines and penalties.
Getting a traffic ticket for speeding in a work zone is never a fun experience. It is well worth your time, effort, and money to hire one of our lawyers to fight for you and try to get your ticket dismissed. They are experienced in traffic court and knowledgeable about traffic laws and will work with you to determine your best chance for a good outcome.
Sean Logue and his associates at Logue Law Group are highly trained and have years of experience in the defense of traffic violations. They are aggressive and tenacious, and fight hard for their clients. If you find yourself receiving a ticket for speeding in a work zone, call them for a free initial consultation at 1-844-PITT-DUI or (412) 389-0805. They can also be reached online.
Logue Law Group serves Ohio, West Virginia, the city of Pittsburgh, and its surrounding areas.
For more information about Pennsylvania Traffic Violation Law, including descriptions and definitions of traffic violations, you will find it in the Pennsylvania Code under Title 75.