Aggravated assault charges are considered to be quite serious and you can expect severe punishments if you are convicted of the same. You might be imprisoned for a significant number of years, have to pay heavy fines and face serious complications that will not end even after the probation period.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania will work really hard to pursue these charges. Plus, you have to deal with a stubborn and determined arresting police officer as well as a prosecutor. So, if you or any of your close ones have been convicted of the same, then the first thing which you should do is hire a reputed and experienced Pittsburgh Criminal Lawyer. Only he can take you out of these dire circumstances.
Aggravated assault – Things to Know
- This crime is basically an attempt to cause serious physical harm to another person with full intentional and under full control. This can include reckless actions as well.
- And this also depends on whom you harm and the ways through which you harm them. This can bring a huge difference in your charges.
If you harm any officer, agent, an employee of an organization in the prison or in the courts, then you can be charged with first degree of felony. The list includes the following people.
- Police officers
- Prison employees
- The district attorney
- Public offenders
- Magistrate judges
- Parole or probation officers
- Parking enforcement officer
- Emergency medical service personnel
This includes attempting to intentionally injure a person with the help of a dangerous weapon.
Read on to know more.
- This includes an attempt to injure a school employee (like a member of the school board/authority, or a teacher). This can be caused due to their relationship with the school or for some other personal reasons.
- Attempts to menace these people while they are on duty.
- Also, using noxious gases or any other incapacitation device against these people while they are working or are under the scope of their respective duties.
This can result in a sentence of up to 20 years.Penalties for second-degree felony
This can result into imprisonment of up to 10 years.Professional help and other factors
Aggravated assault is an extremely serious crime. So, it will be the bestif you behave calmly when a police officer is arresting you because of thiscrime. Do not argue with the officer and behave as politely as possible.
You should immediately contact a reliable Pittsburgh Criminal Lawyer so that you can get the best suggestions from him and he can prepare a solid defense in your favor. Provide him with all kinds of information and do not hide anything from him.
Plus, be a little alert about a few things – the police might offer you to let go temporarily during the period in jail. But do not accept this offer as they might be trading thirty days for years in the prison. Do not talk to the police or prosecutors without the presence of your attorney as your words can be used against you.
There are other complications as well which you will get to know from your Pittsburgh Criminal Lawyer. Contact Logue law to get in touch with one of the best attorneys in town.