Understanding Real Estate Fraud and How We Can Help You
Real Estate Fraud Explained Simply
Real estate fraud happens when someone lies or tricks you in property dealings to make money dishonestly. This is a big no-no and can get the person responsible into hot water. We at Logue Law Group know exactly how tricky these situations can be and our skilled Beaver criminal lawyers are ready to walk you through every step if you’re caught up in this mess.
Types of Real Estate Fraud to Watch Out For
Our Beaver pros handle all sorts of property trickery, like:
- Having a stand-in buyer to trick lenders
- Stealing someone’s identity to get loans
- Messing with property titles to boost prices
- Pretending to own and sell properties that aren’t yours
- Tricky loan deals with hidden paperwork
- Making up fake job and salary info for loans
- Getting loans through lies
- Scams related to properties about to be taken back by banks
Even if you’re not in the real estate business, you might still face trouble. If that happens, don’t worry, we’ve got your back.
How Real Estate Fraud Works
Ever since housing took a hit in the late 2000s, the government has been on high alert to catch these scams. Real estate fraud can look like:
- Skimming off the top of property equity
- Mortgage scams cooked up with fake or stolen identities
- Illegal wheeler-dealer property sales
- Loans that seem too harsh to be true
- Stand-in buyer scams where one person uses another’s details to secure a property, only to give it to someone else later
Watch out if you’re struggling to keep your home—scammers love to take advantage. They’ll make false promises to save you from losing your home or overcharging for simple advice. Some might even convince you to hand over your property title, promising you can rent and buy it back later, but making it impossible to actually do so.
What’s the Cost of Real Estate Fraud?
Get tangled up with these schemes and you could be looking at jail time. The law might also slap you with extra charges for using emails or postal services as part of the scam. And in some cases, they’ll even throw in accusations of bank fraud or cleaning dirty money.
How a Beaver Real Estate Fraud Attorney Makes a Difference
Caught up in a fraud case? You need a top-notch Beaver criminal attorney, and that’s where we come in. Our experts will dig deep into your case, break down the facts, and steer you right. We’re all about getting you the best possible result.
Don’t wait around if you’re in a pinch. The sooner you reach out, the better shot you have at clearing things up. Hit us up online or dial 844.PITT.DUI for a no-cost chat about your case with a seasoned Beaver DUI lawyer.
Take the first step to safeguard your future. Reach out now!
Free ConsultationYou will never find us short of knowledge & commitment
while handling your case.