Indecent Assault Charges: Seeking Legal Guidance for Protecting Your Rights
Being accused of Indecent Assault or Aggravated Indecent Assault can have far-reaching consequences on various aspects of your life. Beyond the potential damage to your reputation and strain on personal relationships, these charges can also result in professional setbacks. Unfortunately, the stigma associated with such allegations often leads community members to assume guilt even before a verdict is reached. In such a challenging situation, it becomes crucial to promptly seek assistance from a highly skilled Washington PA criminal lawyer.
Facts About Indecent Assault
Indecent Assault cases involve accusations of non-consensual contact with a victim using bodily substances, such as feces, urine, or semen. The perpetrator typically:
- Engaged in the act without obtaining consent
- Used or threatened force during the incident
- Had a sexual intent behind the contact
- Committed the offense against an unconscious or unaware victim
- Administered drugs or alcohol to incapacitate the victim
- Engaged in contact with a victim between the ages of 13 and 15, where they were not the spouse and were over 20 years old
- Committed the offense against a child under the age of 13
- Engaged in contact with a victim who was unable to consent due to a mental disability
The severity of the charge varies depending on factors such as the frequency of incidents, the circumstances of the case, and other relevant factors. As a result, the offense can range from a felony to a misdemeanor.
If you find yourself facing these challenging allegations, seeking immediate legal guidance is of utmost importance. By consulting an experienced and top-rated Washington PA criminal lawyer, you can effectively protect your rights and navigate the legal process with precision.
Facts About Aggravated Indecent Assault Charges
- Severity of the Crime: Aggravated Indecent Assault is a serious offense that involves non-consensual penetration of the anus or genitals.
- Use of Force: Offenders employ force or the threat of force during the assault.
- No Legitimate Purpose: The act lacks any justification under law enforcement, hygiene, or medical needs.
- Lack of Awareness: The victim remains unaware or unconscious during the alleged penetration.
- Administration of Substances: Alcohol or drugs may be administered to render the victim unaware of the assault.
- Mental Disability: A victim’s mental disability may prevent them from providing consent.
- Age Considerations: The victim may be under the age of 13 or under the age of 16, with the offender being 20 years or older and not married to the victim.
- Potential Consequences: If proven guilty, the offender could face up to 10 years in prison, and up to 20 years if the assault involves a child. Seeking consultation with a Washington PA DUI attorney is crucial in such cases.
For individuals charged with Indecent Assault, establishing that the act was consensual and involved an adult victim forms a crucial aspect of their defense strategy.
How to Deal with Indecent Assault Charges
If you are facing indecent assault charges, it is crucial to remain composed during this challenging time. Consider the following points:
- Retain the services of a highly skilled sex crimes lawyer in the Washington area.
- Clearly express your desire for legal representation.
- Respectfully decline to answer any questions from the police or provide statements until your attorney is present.
- Avoid discussing the series of events related to the incident or attempting to establish your innocence.
- Endeavor to maintain a cooperative demeanor with the arresting officer, if possible.
- Be prepared for an overnight stay in jail.
How Can We Help You?
Welcome to Logue Law Group, your premier Washington criminal defense firm. With our reputation for vigorous advocacy and a professional approach to every case, we are here to help you. Our experienced Washington PA DUI attorneys meticulously analyze all evidence against you and fearlessly challenge any false information presented in court. In the event of a conviction, we strive to secure a more lenient sentence on your behalf.
Facing charges of indecent assault or aggravated indecent assault can have devastating consequences. At Logue Law Group, our Washington Criminal Defense Attorneys are committed to providing you with zealous representation. We firmly believe that every client deserves a fair chance within the criminal justice system. That’s why we exhaust every possible avenue to ensure it.
Take the first step in your defense today. Contact us at 844.PITT.DUI for a complimentary initial consultation. Alternatively, you can reach out to us online using the provided form. Let us fight for your rights and protect your future.
Free ConsultationYou will never find us short of knowledge & commitment
while handling your case.