- Free Consultation: 412.612.2210 Tap Here to Call Us
Alternatives to Jail
If you or one of your loved ones has been charged with a drug offense in the state of Pennsylvania, it surely isn’t the most desired thing in life. Being considered one of the gateways of drugs in the country, the Commonwealth has very strict laws to check this menace.
Apart from paying steep fines if proven guilty, the accused may also have to spend time in prison. As someone who has been charged with this crime, you should immediately hire a seasoned Pittsburgh Drug Crime Lawyer and discuss alternatives to jail.
The justice system in the state is increasingly trying to do away with the traditional punishment of incarceration in a bid to allow proper rehabilitation of offenders and also to reduce repeat offenses. Offenders who wish to enter the program would need the aid of a Pittsburgh criminal defense attorney successfully do so.What You Need to Know
In the state of Pennsylvania, the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program is applicable to all individuals who do not possess a criminal record to escape a jail sentence and start a fresh life after undergoing the rehabilitative program. The Courts basically put a hold on your case and monitor your progress during the program, and upon successfully meeting with the set parameters, your case can be totally dismissed, and you come out with a clean criminal record. This expungement of your record means you would be better able to pass a background check in the future, something that is required for many jobs and housing options.
- This program is applicable for first-time offenders, and you need not even plead guilty before the court
- Your Pittsburgh criminal defense attorney would have to seek the consent of the arresting offering to ensure the law enforcement agencies have no objections to your ARD program.
- Your Criminal Lawyer would take care of the necessary paperwork consenting your admission into the program and also that you have fully understood your rights and responsibilities.
- You are required to be on probation for the duration of your participation in the program. Generally, this is a “phone-in” probation, also called non-reporting. This type of probation is less intensive than other types.
- You are required to bear the necessary cost of the program, though a payment plan is also offered in some cases
- You would have to take part in certain community service during the course of your program.
ARD is a great program, but not for everyone. If it is at all possible for you to beat your charges without it, you will save hours of time and thousands of dollars. Your Pittsburgh Criminal Defense Attorney can tell you if ARD is a good option for your case.How Can I Help You?
Laws around possession and transportation of banned substances are among the strictest in the state of Pennsylvania and test the skills of any defense attorney. This is where I have excelled in establishing a strong reputation in offering the best legal counsel to my clients. I am attorney Sean Logue, and my Avvo 10.0 rating is a testimony to my track record in helping protect the rights of my clients. As a Pittsburgh Criminal Defense Lawyer, I would make you aware of the consequences of conviction and educate you on the best pre-trial alternatives to jail and how this can save your career when it comes to the future scope of employment.
If you have been charged with a drug offense in the Pittsburgh area, and a prison sentence looms over your head, you should try and explore all alternative mechanism that would help in starting with a new life and bring relief to your family and loved ones. As a seasoned attorney, I would use all my expertise and provide the strongest possible defense to prevent a prison sentence.
If you want to know more about Alternatives to Jail and sit for a free consultation to know all your legal options, dial (412) 612-2210 or (412) 612-2210. You can also contact me online.
Free ConsultationYou will never find us short of knowledge & commitment
while handling your case.