No one likes Domestic Violence. It is ugly. It can tear a family apart. Prosecutors are quick to file charges for these types of crimes. District Attorneys typically believe that these are not isolated incidents. They want to move fast to protect the victim. Getting you behind bars is a priority for the D.A.’s office. If you have been accused of Domestic Violence a Pittsburgh domestic violence lawyer may be able to help you. You should know that the odds are stacked against you if you have already been indicted for a crime. You are already guilty in the eyes of the prosecution. Sean and his team will utilize their knowledge of the Pennsylvania Legal System to defend your rights and protect your freedom.
If an officer is called to a house on a domestic disturbance, in almost every case an arrest will be made, even if the alleged victim does not want the arrest made. Simply put, it is immensely easy to be charged with domestic assault.
A conviction for a charge of this nature, like other criminal charges filed in Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas, can have long-lasting life impacts. For one, it can deprive you of the right to own a firearm. This can be particularly disastrous for particular jobs like law enforcement, for instance. Additionally, a conviction can result in you not being able to see your children in the case of a divorce/separation. As such, these charges should be fought as aggressively as possible.
If you or someone close to you has been charged with domestic violence, it is important to protect your rights and future.I am Innocent
When we are young, we are taught that it takes two people to fight. We are told that typically the truth is somewhere in the middle. This can also be true for Domestic Violence. A lot of times both parties are at fault. Usually the men get the short end of the stick. If you feel you have been wrongfully accused, call us today. Sean needs to work quickly to protect your image and to defend your rights. The prosecution is going to try and paint you as brutal and abusive. They will dig deep into your background and use any evidence of record violence against you. If you want to stay free and to keep your good name then take legal action to defend yourself.Domestic Violence Courses
If you feel that you need mental or emotional help Sean can assist you. Logue Law Group have outlets to mental health groups and organizations that can provide you the counseling you need. Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward recovery. Call Sean today if you need a hand with getting your life back on track.How Logue Law Group can Help
We at the law firm of Logue law in Pittsburgh are ready to put our aggressive approach to criminal defense to defend you against any domestic violence charge. Depending on the circumstances of your case, we can pursue a dismissal in court or try to mitigate your consequences at the negotiating table. This experienced, aggressive and flexible approach has reached best-possible outcomes in hundreds of cases and we are prepared to apply it to yours, regardless of circumstances. We have a successful record of defending cases with the following charges:
- Simple Assault: If you deliberately, recklessly or with complete awareness threaten or harm another person, it will qualify as a simple assault.
- Harassment: Threatening behaviors such as obscene and vulgar communication, beating or kicking, following someone and midnight phone calls, can lead you to being convicted of harassment.
- Recklessly Endangering Another Person: You will be charged with this criminal offense if you put someone’s life in danger or injure him severely with an intentional disregard for his/her safety.
- Domestic Violence: According to the Pennsylvania law, domestic violence refers to threatening or harming a former or present spouse, dating partner, someone with whom you are sharing your living space or the parent of a shared child. In such cases, prompt action with the help of an experienced attorney is of crucial significance.
- Aggravated Assault: You can be charged with such a felony offense if there is evidence against you for deliberately, recklessly causing serious physical injuries to another person or harming someone with a total disregard for the value of his/her life.
- Ethnic Intimidation: You will be charged with serious criminal consequences if you are spiteful towards someone based on his/her actual or perceived participation in any protected group or minority.
There are other cases too where people have been framed into false cases based on false accusations. Our lawyers can present with evidence in your favor and point out the weak links in your prosecutor’s arguments. Hence, having a skilled lawyer by your side at such critical times is always a wise choice.
Free ConsultationYou will never find us short of knowledge & commitment
while handling your case.