Hernia Mesh Lawsuits and How Pittsburgh Injury Lawyer Can Help
A hernia mesh lawsuit is generally filed when the device is defective and the manufacturing company has failed to warn the medical practitioners about the problems it might cause. A defective hernia mesh can result in different types of adverse complications and failure of the devices. There can be serious implications of that, including additional surgeries in the future, bowel obstruction, infection, chronic pain, and even organ damage. If you or your loved one is suffering from the issue regarding this, then you need to seek help from an experienced Pittsburgh hernia mesh lawyer. At Logue Law Group, we offer complete guidance and help in the legal process when you deal with the unwanted health complications and treatment.The Key Point of Hernia Mesh Lawsuit
A Pittsburgh injury lawyer will ensure that your claim gets the rightful outcome. They will argue that the hernia mesh that has been used for the procedure is defective and is causing severe problems for the patients including undergoing further surgeries. The documents presented in the court will be showing that the manufacturing company of the hernia mesh is marketing the product unnecessarily even when smaller hernias can be treated with laparoscopic surgery and stitches.Hernia Mesh Injuries and Side Effects
Most of the abdominal wall hernias are treated with surgery where the doctor uses the biologic mesh which creates fewer complications than the synthetic mesh that is available in the market. In most of the cases, this synthetic meshes get FDA approval but the companies release products with little to no human trials whatsoever. That results in unnecessary injuries, complications, and surgery for the patient as well as recalling the mesh from the market, in most cases silently.
- The undisclosed and under-disclosed risks of these devices are,
- The used “coating” that can have an adverse effect on the patient, resulting in infection and reactions
- Contraction of mesh and tissue
- The mesh becoming hard, migrate or shrink in size, become a ball or a mass
- Foreign body reaction and rejection from the patient
The effects of all these complications that a patient generally faces are:
- Intestinal obstruction
- Irreversible damage of nerve
The symptoms can be many like urinary issues, irritable bowel, constipation, fever, and fatigue. If you are facing these issues after your hernia surgery, immediately consult your doctor. And if this comes from the hernia mesh, then you need to file a claim for compensation with our Pittsburgh hernia mesh lawyer.Compensation Coverage in Hernia Mesh Lawsuits
If you are filing a hernia mesh lawsuit, you are seeking compensation for the following damages:
- Past and future unwanted medical expenses including treatment of infection, reversal surgery. Perforation and obstructions, treatment of chronic pain.
- Pain and suffering from an unnecessary medical procedure and the following complications
- Wage loss
- Loss of employment
- Punitive damage where applied
Our Pittsburgh injury lawyer will be ensuring that your claim gets the most favorable outcome and you get duly compensated for your damages and sufferings.Hernia Mesh Recalls
There had been many incidents of hernia mesh recalls in the history of medicine in America. Even after being approved by the FDA, these companies had to recall the mesh as it started causing various health issues for the patients.
- From 2005-2007, the recall of Kugal Mesh products happened as C. R. Bard issued several recalls due to the problem of bowel tears due to the mesh.
- In 2012, Atrium got a warning from FDA as they failed to respond to the complaints of infection due to the use of C- QUR. In 2015, a federal judge prohibited Atrium from manufacturing and distributing the device, with an injunction.
- Physiomesh Flexible Composite Mesh manufactured by Ethicon got withdrawn in May 2016 as it was causing failed hernia repair while being compared to the other similar products.
If you are suffering from any complications due to the mesh manufactured by these companies or any other company, then a Pittsburgh hernia mesh lawyer can help you seek damage.Get Help From Pittsburgh Hernia Mesh Lawyer
Logue Law Group has years of experience in handling cases involving hernia mesh injuries. Our Pittsburgh injury lawyer will diligently listen to your case and ensure that you get the rightful justice. For a consultation, give us a call today.
Free ConsultationYou will never find us short of knowledge & commitment
while handling your case.