Reliable Pittsburgh Bankruptcy Lawyer in Olney
When you are dealing with a difficult financial situation in life, it is natural that you will feel overwhelmed thinking of all the impending misfortunes. If you are in Olney and dealing with financial distress, then have you considered the option for filing bankruptcy?
It is true that bankruptcy is not for everyone. However, if you are in a situation where you need a fresh start or you will have to drag the burden of debts for the rest of your life, then bankruptcy is the ideal option. If you are trying to erase your credit card bills or medical bills, then file bankruptcy with the help of an experienced Pittsburgh bankruptcy lawyer. Come to our skilled attorney and let us help you.
When Should You File for Bankruptcy in Pennsylvania
While you are dealing with financial distress, this is the time to file for bankruptcy. With the help of bankruptcy, you can stop wage garnishments, foreclosure, collection action, repossessions, or litigations temporarily thanks to the automatic stay. Also, bankruptcy is the perfect way to deal with various types of liens.
For the following debts, bankruptcy can protect your rights.
- With bankruptcy, you can get your utility services restored while the collection action regarding utility bills will be taken care of at the bankruptcy court.
- Unlike what you think, bankruptcy can be helpful to keep your car and perhaps give you a chance to renegotiate the loan.
- With bankruptcy, you get the federal exemptions that will help you keep your home while you catch up with your mortgage arrear.
Are you struggling to make ends meet? If you are having trouble and debt collectors are constantly knocking on your door for the debts, then you should start considering filing for bankruptcy.
Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in Pennsylvania
There are two types of consumer bankruptcy you can opt for. Chapter 7 bankruptcy is known to be the most popular option as a fast procedure as well as the best choice for wiping off your debts. Chapter 13 is a reorganization plan that brings your finances back on the right track while ensuring you can keep your assets.
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
You should file for chapter 7 bankruptcy when these following situations arise:
- When you can protect your property with exemptions. This is also known as exemption planning with which your Pittsburgh bankruptcy lawyer can help. Consider this option when you are not falling behind with the payments of mortgage and car loans. When you just want to wipe off your unsecured debt, this is the ideal option for you.
- When the majority of your debts are unsecured and dischargeable including credit card bills, medical bills and so on.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
When you are looking for a viable option for protecting your non-exempt property and getting the reorganization plan to pay your debts according to a priority basis, chapter 13 bankruptcy will be your ideal choice. Choose chapter 13 bankruptcy when:
- Your debts are not dischargeable with chapter 7 bankruptcy
- You can enter a favorable plan and pay the debts while keeping your non-exempt property safe
So, now as you know how you are going to use bankruptcy in Olney, what are you waiting for? Come to us at Pittsburgh Bankruptcy Law Group and let our Pittsburgh bankruptcy lawyer help you.
Free ConsultationYou will never find us short of knowledge & commitment
while handling your case.