Glen Mills Abuse
With time, more and more current and former students are coming out with their horrific tales of abuse at Glen Miller Reformatory School, the youth detention center where the abuse kept occurring for forty years. The horrors of this institution first came into the light in 2019 with an article in The Philadelphia Inquirer. If you or your loved ones have been a victim of this shocking abuse, then now it is high time that you talk about it openly without the fear of being threatened or silenced. You can also take a legal step by joining the Glen Miller School abuse class action lawsuit. Our Pittsburgh Glen Mills abuse lawyer will help you with that.What Did Happen at Glen Mills School?
Hundreds of students have complained about brutal beating, rapes, and threats about life among all kinds of atrocities and inexcusable instances of abuse. In the Glen Mills lawsuits, the counselors have been accused of:
- Verbal abuse using racial slurs and profanity
- Denying medical attention to the students
- Pushing students against doors, walls, and appliances and through the window
- Hitting, kicking or stepping on students
- Sexual assaults and rape
- Death threats
These incidents happened for over a time of 40 years and according to the school, over the span of three different directors (Cosimo D. Ferrainola, from 1975 through 2007; Garrison “Garry” D. Ipock, Jr., from 2007 through 2012; and Dr. Randy Ireson, from 2013 through 2019).
A student of 17 years was found saying “I can’t breathe” in the surveillance camera during an assault which led to the criminal charges against two counselors in September 2018.Should You File a Glen Mills School Abuse Lawsuit?
If you have been a victim of Glen Mills school abuse, then you should explore your legal options and rights which will lead you to file a lawsuit. You might be misinformed about this whole incident which might make you think to be pointless. But here, we are clearing some of your misconceptions:
- The victim filing the case doesn’t need to be a resident of Pennsylvania. We, Logue Law Group, can opt for a remote intake process where you can communicate over the phone or digital mediums. You don’t need to be present in Pennsylvania.
- It doesn’t matter where you resided before getting into Glen Mills School. Our Pittsburgh Glen Mills abuse lawyer will fight for your justice anyway.
- If your past file is not spotless, you might feel unsafe to file the case. In that case, you need to know that the reformatory school is supposed to take care of the youth so that they can get back on the right track. So, even with a bad past record, you don’t deserve the abuse you were subjected to.
- Abuse at such an age is a very difficult thing to talk about. Hence, many victims have remained silent for years. Also, the fear of being threatened made them keeping the painful stories to themselves. But you can come out with your case after years.
- If you don’t have financial aid, then don’t worry. Our Pittsburgh Glen Mills abuse lawyer won’t charge you now. Once you win the compensation, we will only charge a percentage of it. We offer confidential consultation on a contingency basis.
Unlike any other lawsuit, Glen Mills School Abuse Lawsuit has a more relaxed or flexible timeline. However, you should not wait for a long time. If the painful experience still haunts you, then it is not late for you to seek justice. And at Logue Law Firm we will ensure you get that. Get in touch with us today.