Charges of Indecent Assault or Aggravated Indecent Assault can devastate your reputation in the community, create rift in your marriage, and also lead to professional setbacks. The stigma can create a guilty label in the community even before a verdict has been rendered. In such situations, you should fight this charge and would need help from a top-rated Pittsburgh Criminal Lawyer.Things You Must Know About Indecent Assault Charges
Indecent Assault relates to cases where a person is accused of bringing his/her bodily substances such as feces, urine or semen in contact with the victim. Here, the offender -
- Didn’t have other person’s consent during the act
- Used or threatened to use force
- Made contact with sexual intent
- Performed the act when the alleged victim was unconscious or unaware of the events
- Used drugs or alcohol to prevent the victim of being aware of the events
- The victim is unable to consent due to mental disability
- Offender is more than 20 years of age and made contact with an alleged victim between 13 and 15 years of age and who isn’t a spouse.
- The offense was committed against a child under the age of 13
- The severity of the charge varies based on whether it was one single incident or continuing behavior and also on the circumstances of the case. Here, you can either face a felony charge or misdemeanor.
This charge is applied in more serious events where the offender penetrates the anus or genitals without the consent of the person. You can face imprisonment of up to 10 years if proved guilty of the offense and up to 20 years if the act is an assault on a child.How to Deal with Indecent Assault Charges
Even in this challenging circumstance, you would need to keep your composure. Here are some things you need to keep in mind -
- Hire a top Pittsburgh sex crimes lawyer
- Refuse to answer any questions or record any statements in the absence of your attorney
- Do not discuss the series of events regarding the incident or try to prove your innocence
At Logue Law, we are a leading Pittsburgh Sex Crimes firm known for our aggressive advocacy and professional approach to every case. Attorney Sean Logue is a Pittsburgh sex crimes lawyer Rising Star and enjoys a 10.0 Avvo rating, that stands as proof of his track record. Our seasoned attorneys would closely examine all evidence gathered against you; we would put aggressive advocacy to its best use and fight to discredit all false evidence against you before the court. In case of conviction, we will fight for you to attain a lighter sentence.
Charges of Indecent Assault or Aggravated Indecent Assault can be devastating. We, at Logue Law, would offer you zealous representation. We believe that every client should get a fair chance while passing through the criminal justice system. And we leave no stones unturned to give those chances to you.