Exceeding Max Speed by 6-10 MPH
Logue Law Group provides professional assistance for individuals facing traffic tickets in Pittsburgh, specifically related to speeding violations. Speeding is the most common cause for traffic tickets in the area, and the consequences can be significant, including points on your license, hefty fines, and increased insurance premiums. In some cases, you may even risk losing your driver’s license.
Our team of highly experienced and skilled Washington Speeding Ticket Lawyers can help you navigate these issues and minimize their impact or potentially avoid them altogether. At Logue Law Group, we have the highest success rate in handling speeding ticket cases in Pittsburgh.
Facts About Speeding
Here are some important facts to keep in mind regarding speeding in the city:
In Pittsburgh, it is illegal to exceed the posted speed limit. If there is no speed limit sign, there are specific guidelines to follow:
- Expressways: 55 MPH
- Non-residential streets: 35 MPH
- Residential streets: 25 MPH
Speed is typically measured using various tools, and you can be charged with speeding if you are driving at least 6 MPH above the speed limit.
Tools Used to Measure Your Speed
- Following Method: By pacing your vehicle’s speed against the cop’s speedometer while being followed for a minimum of 3/8 of a mile. Once sufficient distance is covered, the officer can initiate a traffic stop.
- Manual Clocking: A stopwatch-like tool is used to measure your car’s speed over a predetermined and pre-measured distance. Airplanes and helicopters are often deployed to relay the speed information to the officers in charge, who then initiate a traffic stop. This method is commonly known as a Manual Speed Trap.
- VASCAR Devices: The stopwatch-type devices utilized in both air and ground manual speed traps are often VASCAR devices. However, their accuracy has been questioned in court, particularly for distances shorter than 500 feet. In a zone with a posted speed limit of 55 MPH, you can be charged with speeding if your speed was measured to be at least 10 MPH over the limit by a VASCAR device.
- Radar Guns: Only the state police are authorized to use radar guns for speed detection in Washington and all of Pennsylvania.
- Automatic Speed Traps: These technology-driven traps minimize human errors. Transmitters are placed on both sides of the road, automatically calculating your speed as you pass by. The readings are then sent to a laptop computer in the officer’s patrol car.
Steps to Take if the Cops Pull You Over
- Be polite and cooperative.
- Avoid starting arguments or getting angry.
- Turn off the ignition, but remain in the vehicle.
If you receive a speeding ticket for exceeding the maximum speed by 6-10 mph, consult our Washington PA Criminal Lawyer for legal assistance. Our lawyer will diligently question the evidence against you and help determine your defense. Contact our experienced Traffic Ticket Lawyer today.
Logue Law Group
Don’t wait! The longer you delay in hiring the right representation, the worse the outcome. To ensure the best results, immediately secure the services of a dedicated and experienced Washington PA DUI attorney.
At Logue Law Group, we are highly skilled in Pennsylvania traffic law. With our office conveniently located in Washington, we proudly serve not only the local area but also extend our reach to Ohio and West Virginia. You can reach us 24/7 through our online platform or by calling 844.PITT.DUI.
Curious to know more about Pennsylvania’s Traffic Violation Laws? Look no further than the comprehensive descriptions and definitions provided in the Pennsylvania Traffic Code under Title 75. Choose Logue Law Group for your legal needs and experience excellence in representation.
Free ConsultationYou will never find us short of knowledge & commitment
while handling your case.