Depending on the circumstances, the consequences for a violent criminal conviction can vary significantly. That said, all should be taken seriously — any violent crime charge can substantially impact a life, resulting in the end of a job or inability to secure housing, in addition to the thousands of dollars in fines and jail time.
As such, partnering with an experienced Pittsburgh attorney for violent crime charges is all but essential.
The following are certain major kinds of violent crimes which are punishable by the law:
- Burglary: If you are found in a commercial building, apartment, house or a store with an intention of committing a crime, you can be imposed with charges of burglary.
- Robbery: If you take someone else's property by using force, injure them or threaten to injure them, you will be charged with robbery.
- Conspiracy to commit murder: Any kind of criminal conspiracy involving one or more people for planning or aiding someone in perpetrating a murder, can get you and all the other conspirators subjected to criminal charges.
- Murder: Any kind of intentional and premeditated murder where either you were the main culprit or have been an accomplice, can get you imposed with criminal charges.
- Voluntary manslaughter: If you kill another person voluntarily in sudden or intense passion out of serious provocation by the person murdered or another person whom you intended to kill, but who got away because of your negligence and someone else got killed by accident, you will be charged with voluntary manslaughter.
- Involuntary Manslaughter: If you kill someone because of the direct result of your reckless attitude and severe negligent behavior, you will be subjected to involuntary manslaughter charges.
- Homicide by Vehicle: While operating a vehicle, if you violate the local laws of the state and cause someone’s death with your negligent behavior or recklessness, you can be charged with homicide.
- Homicide by Vehicle under Any Influence: If you are under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance while driving or operating a vehicle and cause someone’s death in the process, you will be charged with homicide under influence of alcoholic substances.
If you or someone close to you has been convicted of the above-mentioned crimes or any other allegation of such a severe nature, you must immediately resort to a criminal defense attorney.
We At Logue Law are ready to put our aggressive advocacy and comprehensive criminal defense experience to work on cases involving:
- Aggravated assault
- Domestic violence
- Gun crimes
- Terroristic threats
From the moment you get in touch, we will advise you on your rights and options and begin undertaking the investigation your criminal charge case needs and deserves. Because members of our team have worked as prosecuting lawyers, we fully understand how the prosecution will approach these cases. We will do everything we can to aggressively counter and attack any weakness in the prosecution's case. If we cannot reach an acquittal, we will go to the negotiating table in pursuit of mitigation. This aggressive approach to advocacy has resulted in best-possible outcomes in hundreds of cases and we are ready to bring it to yours. We encourage you to reach out.
To get in touch and schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced Allegheny County lawyer from Logue law, contact us online or call 1-844-PITT-DUI or 412-389-0805.