Workplace injuries are the most common phenomenon of American work culture. This is the main reason why people miss the number of days at work and thus wages. The Statistics by the U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics state that every year there are at least 2 million cases of workplace injuries and illness that get reported at the hospitals. More than 900,000 result in missed work and thus missed wages. Workplace accidents can result in different types of injuries ranging from minor ones to severe ones.
When you or your loved one is injured in a workplace accident and stuck in the process of treatment and dealing with the mounting medical bills, our Pittsburgh workplace injury lawyer can get you the compensation you deserve so that the financial burden you are dealing with becomes less.Common Reasons Leading to Workplace Injuries
According to the reports of the National Safety Council, every seven seconds, a worker gets injured at the workplace in the USA. Because of the same reason, 104 million productions are lost every year. The following reasons generally lead to disastrous injuries.
- Overexertion leads to 33.5% of workplace injuries. Repetitive motions, bending, lifting heavy loads can lead to this type of injury.
- Contact with machines and objects lead to 26% of such injuries. Getting caught, compressed or crushed can be the result of such an accident.
- Slips, trips, and falls are another major reason that leads to workplace injuries. Accounting to 25.8% of all workplace injuries, slips, trips, and falls cause the maximum cases of claims and compensation. According to the reports of the National Floor Safety Institute, falls lead to around 5% of fatality in women workers and 11% for men.
- Roadway injuries are another major cause of workplace injuries, involving the workers of transportation as well as construction.
In any of these cases, our expert Pittsburgh injury lawyer from Logue Law Group can help you out.Common Injuries That Occur at Workplace
There are certain common patterns of workplace injuries that make the patient rush to the ER.
- Sprain and strain in muscle due to heavy lifting, slipping and tripping at work
- Fractured bones due to falling or being struck by an object or accident due to transportation
- Concussion due to fall and transportation accident
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Cuts and lacerations from power equipment, lack of training or absence of protective equipment during a process or activity
- Inhaling toxic gas while working due to the absence of protective gear, shield, or mask.
If you are suffering from any of these injuries, get in touch with our Pittsburgh workplace injury lawyer who can make sure that you get the rightful justice you deserve.Compensation for Workers in Pennsylvania
Just like any other state in the USA, Pennsylvania also has regulations that ensure that the workers get compensation for their injuries at the workplace. The people who do not get covered by the compensation are
- Federal employees, longshoreman, railroad workers
- Domestic servants
- Agriculture workers (work less than 30 days and are paid less than $1200 in one year from one employer)
- Employers with the granted exception due to religious beliefs or executive status.
If you are not among these sections, you can seek help from our Pittsburgh workplace injury lawyer.
The provision of worker’s compensation covers the following points,
- Lost wages due to the accident
- Medical expenses along with hospital treatment, orthopedic appliances, and prosthetic limbs
- Benefits when a family member dies
- Specific loss benefits in case the worker lose a thumb, a finger or a limb during the accident
However, the employers and the insurance company might deny your claim stating the following reasons.
- The injuries didn’t occur during the normal course of work
- No witness of the accident
- The injured worker did not notify the authority within 120 days of the stipulated time
- The investigation revealed that the injury didn’t happen the way it was reported
- The reported injury was already a preexisting condition
- The worker is not covered by the employee compensation insurance
In such cases, our experienced Pittsburgh injury lawyer can help you get a favorable outcome.Can Workplace Injury Cause Lawsuit?
Yes, it can, in some specific instances.
- The worker was not covered by the worker compensation insurance even when he or she deserved it lawfully
- The accident was intentional by the employer
- Third-party caused the accident, a reckless co-worker or machinery with manufacturing defect
At Logue Law Group, we are familiar with the intricacies of cases of workplace injuries. And that is why our experienced Pittsburgh injury lawyer will be able to help you out. Call us now for a free consultation.